Anxiety is a normal part of our lives. Sometimes it kicks in in uncomfortable situations and sometimes it is there before the situation becomes severe. But, ongoing anxiety and panic attacks can interfere with our daily life routines which can be problematic.
Anxiety is often treated with benzodiazepines and talk therapies. Benzodiazepines are a class of medicine that is used to treat anxiety. Two of the most common benzodiazepines are valium and Xanax. Though these two drugs seem similar they are not exactly alike.
What Is Xanax Used for?
Alprazolam is the generic name of Xanax, and it is primarily used in the treatment of anxiety disorders and panic attacks. It is seen that Xanax starts working immediately just within 1-2 hours. However, its half-life is shorter than Valium ranging from 6-20 hours. You can get buy Xanax 2mg for sale online when you require it.
What Is Valium Used for?
Diazepam is the generic name for Valium. It is used to treat anxiety disorders, alcohol withdrawal symptoms, and anxiety disorders. It shows rapid reaction after the intake, the average is 1 hour. The half-life of the drug is 20-50 hours which can be prolonged by metabolite, reaching up to 100-hour half-life. You can buy Valium 10mg Roche online.
Some major differences between Xanax and Valium:
There are some very visible differences between Xanax and Valium such as:
- They are both benzodiazepines that are used to treat anxiety. Both affect right away after the intake. However, when taken orally, both have a quick and effective reaction but Valiums seems to be working more quickly than Xanax.
- Valium has more chances to cause drowsiness than Xanax. But, people who take Xanax have reported severe withdrawal effects when it is left.
- The effects of Valium medicine last for about 4-6 hours, it has a long half-life which makes it longer to clear it from the system. Xanax lasts for about 5 hours and it has a life of 11 hours only, it takes several hours to leave the system.
- Studies have shown that the bodies of people who have liver, kidney, obesity, or alcoholism issues take longer effects of medicine.
How Do Valium and Xanax Work?
Both Xanax and Valium are from the class of Benzodiazepines, which increases the actions of a neurotransmitter called GABA. GABA thus decreases the neural activity in the brain, stopping the signals from reaching the brain. In turn, the drugs give a calming feeling and relaxing symptoms such as muscle relief, sleep induction, etc.
Benzodiazepines are also known for their amnestic effects such as the ability to disturb short-term memory. This affects to make the benzodiazepines useful before the surgery. On a structured basis, benzodiazepines are likely to make you sleepy, relax muscles, forget things, and relieve anxiety more than the other drugs. Valium and Xanax 2mg for sale are both FDA approves and are taken in anesthesia as well.
If you are taking Valium 10mg Roche, it is advised to avoid large amounts of grapefruit or its juice. It blocks the enzyme CYP3A4 that helps in breaking down the drug. If you are taking a large amount of grapefruit, it can increase the levels of Valium 10mg Roche in your body. Thus, the side effects keep on increasing.
Valium and Xanax are from the same drug class thus they show the same behavior when combined with other drugs. Also, if you are already taking some medication for your nervous system, those can interfere with a lot when combined with benzodiazepines. It can have a direct effect on your respiratory system as well.
Several groups that can interact with Xanax and Valium are:
- Antiseizure medications
- Pain drugs such as oxycodone, methadone, tramadol, and codeine.
- Other benzodiazepines such as anxiety drugs or sleeping pills.
- Antidepressants, antipsychotics, and mood stabilizers.
The CNS depression caused by Xanax and Valium can be increased due to the interaction with other substances such as psychotropic medications, alcohol, and anticonvulsants. The use of more than one CNS depressive medication should be considered seriously by the doctor.
Xanax and Valium are both processed by the liver so certain medications can slow down the metabolism when taken with these medications. Enzyme inhibitors will enhance the benzodiazepine level by slowing the metabolic rate.
Warning related to Xanax and Valium
Valium and Xanax 2mg for sale are the medications that are named as controlled by the DEA. Each of these medications has the potential to be abusive and cause addiction, and that is the reason why these medicines are prescribed to be used for a temporary purpose only.
Patients who show substance abuse history should be monitored closely when are given these medications. Also, taking Xanax and Valium with opioids should be avoided if possible. This can lead to coma, respiratory depression, and even death.
Sudden falls and injury are also one of the most dangerous side effects of benzodiazepines. For a child or an adult who is at risk of falls should not be given these medications. People who have liver issues should also be monitored closely as the liver plays a major role in processing Xanax and valium.
Here are some more risks associated with these drugs:
- If you are pregnant or planning it, you must not take Xanax or Valium
- A person with drug dependence history should be taken into consideration before giving him medication.
- A person who has sleep apnea is at risk of negative side effects.
- If you have severe respiratory insufficiency, you must not take this medicine.
Dependence and withdrawal are also main concerns when taking Xanax and Valium. You can become dependent on these drugs within days or weeks. People build tolerance with time, and thus the dependency becomes permanent.
Therefore, these drugs should be taken according to the amount prescribed by the doctor only. If you are feeling that you are getting addicted to it, you must inform your doctor right away and get treated before the situation gets worse. Because if you quit too late, the withdrawal symptoms are hard to manage and have a long lifetime.